Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Harold Saxon

General opinion - it's the Master... and we won't know for sure until the last 2 episodes... eek!

What will it mean for the Universe? What will it mean for Andrew Gormley's strange men all looking towards Haywards Gallery? What will it mean for the Doctor? Will Tom Baker ever do a voice over again?

Roll on Saturday!!!

As an aside/link I thought Freema looked swell at the BAFTA awards. Was slightly miffed that Victoria Wood got one (she was awful in Victoria's Empire). I was however drawn by Jim Broadbent's BAFTA win to watch 'Longford' last night. About how a Lord who found religion became a prisoner visitor and in the process got to know Myra Hindley (as much as anyone ever could I suspect).

Got me thinking - I guess a key reason I did a law degree was my fascination for criminals/crime and public attitudes towards it. This programme seemed to graze all those issues and punch up the ideal that people can reform - maybe she did - maybe she didn't. Can a person who is 'evil' ever change? Be educated out of it? What makes people evil in the first place? It was a well put together drama and I went to bed with as many questions as answers...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear.

if I tell you that the guy with the amish beard and the tattoos sued to read books about serial killers for similar reasons to the ones you state will you drop it?

Karoona said...

?

Anonymous said...

erratum - please replace sued with used.