Friday, January 02, 2009

So today is...

my Birthday - and the sun has now come out and the toothache and puffy eyes are starting to ease up.. deep joy!! I do look as if someone has punched me on the nose.. an event I do not remember.
Went out at 8am for my morning walk - treating myself to doughnuts from Sainsburys on the way back!! Had a shower. The annual wash! And have called my brother for the annual birthday chat. Well I did miss any conversation with him over Christmas.
My plan now is to have some lunch (early) a doughnut and then go back out for a wander round Wimbledon and then go to the cinema for an afternoon of decadent popcorn and drooling!
This evening mmm home made food and a nice drop of stout. To be honest my biggest Birthday treat is hearing the words Gillingham vs Aston Villa on Five Live in prep for FAC 3rd round weekend - roll on Sunday! Every time I hear it I start singing Geeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllls!! Loopy old bird that I am rapidly turning into. Maybe.
Sparky rang and left a message - a sung version of Happy Birthday which made me smile a lot! I opened my cards prior to calling my bro - so thanks Mazza & Pops, Cress, Lisa, Mike & Shirley, Zig-a-Lig and Paul - much appreciated! Its a weird day - but with the sun shining I know I can make it a good one! Happy Birthday to me! :-)
---
NB - thanks also to text messages throughout the day from Melsie, Pops, Baggy, Ziggy, The Actor, Lisa, Manisha, Gazza and Lordy D.
NNB - how did I end up watching Celebrity Big Brother?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Further birthday wishes from Devon!
xxx

PS, you've always been a loopy old bird!!

Karoona said...

Cheers darlin!! x

Surely a loopy 'youngish' bird?! Nah I suspect you are correct.. old and loopy long before my due date!! :-)