Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Been

VERY under the weather. The weekend was aches and pains thanks to cold. Glad in many ways footie was postponed as it meant I could take it easy. Then it got worse. Much worse. Spent the entirety of Monday under a duvet trying to find a comfortable position for my head and neck - both ached and were very sore. Couple that with wanting to vomit, finally doing so and the obligatory snotty nose and sore throat you can imagine that I also spent much of that time feeling very sorry for myself and feeling very very alone.
Thankfully the amount of ibuprofen and paracetamol I have taken appear to have fixed parts of it. Least I was able to get to work today and cram 2 days worth of work into one
Saturday. I was in slow mode. Eventually got up. Despite the snow went for my walk and noted to my annoynace that the corner where I had fallen the week before now included a bucket full of frozen water. MM. The same frozen water I fell on last Saturday and knackered my shoulder. Got my 1000 EVP tablets and some new earplugs and came home. I did manage also to dye my hair and then decided to settle down to catch up on dvd's.
I watched 'Atonement'. I nearly gave up watching it, but hung until the final scenes. The key character in her 70's making sense of the rest of the film. Explaining why it had appeared to the viewer the way it had. Then it made sense and felt worthwhile. Not sure I would have been quite so forgiving had I gone to the cinema to watch it mind you! I did wonder why it had caused all the hype it had mind you...
Sunday. Ah the start of the headache. I kept on going went for a later walk and listened to The Archers as I went. Washing on the line upon return. Great drying day. Stumbled across the Doctor Who Proms concert on the interactive channel. Ate sweet potato and pea curry and then realised at 8.30pm-ish my head really hurt and even the lure of Christain Bale on Film4 was not enough. I went to bed with eye mask and tablets.
Today. Well I feel weakened from not eating yesterday, but at least reaching out to make contact with people helped my mood. Lisa called. And I bought some cards for people.
What do you write in someone's birthday card - knowing that by time they get it the worst thing they can imagine happening, may well have occured?

No comments: