Saturday, January 24, 2009

2008

I shamelessly stole these questions about 2008 from a friends blog... here are my answers, almost a month into 2009 so my answers may well be sullied.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
* Swim 40 lengths. Go to a gym - and therefore use a running machine/rowing machine.


2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
* Erm on the whole yes I did. No I did not.

3. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
* As it turned out I was erm comatose and asleep by midnight.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
* Does Gucci the dog count? If so yes.

5. What countries did you visit?
* France.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
* An intimate and listening ear.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
* May 3rd. Gillingham got relegated at Leeds Utd. I was there.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
* Staying at my WW weight.

9. What was your biggest failure?
* My inability to walk away from someone who made me hurt and turned me into someone I didn't recognise.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
* Thankfully in 2008 I avoided all escalators.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
* My new digital camera. AND a decent haircut!

12. Where did most of your money go?
* Food. Footie. Fashion (LOL!)

13. What song will always remind you of 2008?
* Madge - Dance 2Night - seeing her at Wembley. Brillant.

14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
* Smiling. Travelling.

15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
* Doubting. Myself mainly. Trusting. Others mainly.

16. What was your favourite TV program?
* Doctor Who.

17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
* Not really. My dislikes remain the same.

18. What was the best book you read?
* 'The Ballad of Peckham Rye' by Muriel Spark.

19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
* The Doctor Who Prom.

20. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
* Sparky. For doing the right thing albeit not the easy thing.

21. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
* People who get paid to know and do better.

22. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
* Camilla having a healthy baby boy.

23. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer.
Spottier at the moment too.

24. How did you spend Christmas?
* With Ma & Pa and Mike n Shirl.

25. Did you fall in love in 2008?
* Yes.

26. How many one-night stands?
* None.

27. What did you want and get?
* Some second chances.

28. What did you want and not get?
* Peace.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
* No Country for Old Men.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
* So long ago. I was 35 in 2008 and I had the day off work, walked and went to the cinema to see 'the Kite Runner'.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
* Less manipulation. Gillingham staying in League One. A proper holiday. Oops thats 3. If just one - the first thing.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
* 2009. Before anyone knew it would be!

33. What kept you sane?
* Walking. Lots.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
* Christian Bale.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
* Feckless people and credit cards.

36. Who did you miss?
* Scott.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
* Oh dear. My original answer belonged to 2007. SO I have no answer - which says a lot about my stale life.

40. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
* Its not the quantity of my friends but the quality of them that keeps me sane.

No comments: