Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Not amusing

Yesterday the Gillingham caretaker manager walked out.

The stark reality of my team's fate is really starting to dawn on me. I couldn't even face clicking the teletext button onto the next page to see how we were doing in the Mickey Mouse cup. A home game against Luton. But at 20 quid a pop and my croaky (for that read husky and sexy) voice not getting any better I figured a quiet night in *again* would be a better choice.

So who is being lined up? The MB is rife with rumour - the ex Scouse meat head Steve McMahon. The latest sacking from Palace of Peter Taylor has got the old faithful all excited. Would we like him back - I guess so. Should you ever go back? Erm in our situation what else can we lose?! OK - still a bit. Martin Allen has been mentioned and the manager of Stevenage, Mark Stimson, is so loudly denying it one does wonder. All I know is that any manager will need to have nerves of steel. The players either want it or they don't and this division is more about belief than skill. Perhaps Billy Graham is who we really need?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is dead.

Karoona said...

And your point being?!?!

Some might say so is our defence...