Monday, October 15, 2007

Sunday Service

A friend of mine is currently touring with his ensemble. It's given him some time to reflect and watch marvellous sunsets around the Cornish coast. One section of wisdom shared on his blog is the following:
"I'm convinced being generous is a better way to live.
I'm convinced forgiving people and not carrying around bitterness is a better way to live.
I'm convinced having compassion is a better way to live.
I'm convinced pursuing peace in every situation is a better way to live.
I'm convinced listening to the wisdom of others is a better way to live.
I'm convinced being honest with people is a better way to live." - 'Velvet Elvis' : Rob Bell.

I am not a religious nut, in fact I don't really worship at all. (My 'Christian' Upstairs Neighbours convince me that a Sunday service allows people to think that they can behave as they wish and then be made to feel alright about it. A belief I strongly take umbrage against.) This passage though needn't be read as a means to connecting with God. It's surely the root core of any day to day sense of humanity? All I ever try to do is to live as well as I can within the confines of the people around me. Shame most of the time I end up ranting up about their stupidity. Selfishness.

I do know I need to forgive a few people and bury some bitterness.

No comments: