Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Flipping Lurgy Unlimited

The office is carrying various bodies of virus filled humans. Snotty noses. Sneezes. Coughs. And today with the darkened skies and real vow of silence. Even the 4 of us who ventured into the rain to go to the canteen were struggling to make conversation. Mind you the menu options were a suspicious smelling seafood pie, over cooked chips and well I ended up with jacket spud and chicken stroganoff. It lacked a good serving of chicken, but it was less wind provoking than the jacket spud and baked beans I consumed yesterday lunch time. Thankfully my end of the room is eerily quiet.

In fact silence and gloom seem to have descended. As if the city is mentally preparing for hibernation.

I left the office at 6.30ish tonight by which time it had stopped raining so I went for my walk. The lights all glimmering on as the dark enveloped the city. The rain stained pavements splashed with newly fallen autumnal leaves. The air smelled of the northern chills to come. Seems only a few days ago I wandered the same route and reminded myself of the pact I had made the previous year to hold a party on one of the boats in the evening sunshine. Early June. Still didn't do it this year. I have this romantic notion it will be were I have my engagement party. Ha ha. At this rate it'll be my 40th!!

Aah well.

No comments: