Monday, October 15, 2007

Autumnal Sunday

Somehow I managed to get up do my ironing whilst listening to the Archers and the go for a walk. The autumnal sun meant there was enough heat to wear but just a T Shirt. The leaves on the trees are all turning. Some a deepen red, other shiny oranges and yellows. The pavements are dusted with gently browning hand shaped leaf wear.

Inside I felt calm and content. Why can't all days have this air of colour and stillness?

Meanwhile I am having to work out whether my 'not talking things through approach' is really helping? I suspect it is not. I just don't feel comfortable being really honest at the moment. I'd rather stay quiet and hope the decisions will be made for me. But I know that's not the case either. I know I have to sort out my destiny. I know I have to seize the day. Before I really am too over the hill to make the most of my youth and health. And yet all I keep doing is talking about it. I feel stuck in the slow lane. And no amount of signalling to over take is helping - the gradient just keeps getting higher and I keep getting slowed up.

Pay day and hair cut tomorrow. Wooh-hoo.

No comments: