Monday, October 08, 2007

Karoona's TV Fart

Thank you thank you Louis for bringing us a gem of a prog this evening on an evening which seems to have become the recurring nightmare of a Saturday (Strictly Come Dancing AND X Factor both being on). Sunday evening TV has indeed hit the doldrums. Except for the obvious clashes - sorry Mr Palin, I had to miss you - there are few wholesome viewing choices. So deep joy at the return of 'Top Gear' - the photography on this programme alone allows me to forgive any other angst people have about the show. Plus an idle curious for Mr Slow. However I digress.

Louis Theroux: Under the Knife took us to LA, Beverley Hills to see 'normal' people discover their true identity via liposuction, implants and tucks. It was startling for a US surgeon to accuse London types to not care about their appearance - I mean in our climate the only cosmetic surgery us gals are looking for is hair treatment that ensures no more frizz. Flaunting our thighs and breasts only happens during the summer, and April was months ago.
The closest example to myself was a just 30 yr old who had had an on-off relationship with a guy for 8 years. Having split the day before (how unfortunate) she had hired a lifestyle coach to sort her out. Which meant lipo from all areas, breast implants (D's are all the rage) and a brow lift. (Her life coach must have been on a tidy percentage). This was all being done for her own self esteem. Okay so I could go for a suction, I am though already a D and for a 30+ er quite perky! As for a brow lift - have you seen my spam!? So she went through all this our Laura - and yes by the end looked pretty fine - I mean no frizzy hair anywhere. Anyway, enter her on-off b/f. She started to cry and he had a quick letch and she could tell by his expression she had made him happy. OMG. He basically said yup you look much better now love - so I am more than happy to be seen with you now. Typical. Had surgery helped her inner self - I suspect not.

As for the others - erm male implants are not good. And breast implanting looks really painful...ouch.

Prior to Louis I did discover the antidote to 'Jamie at Home'... Ray Mears' Wild Food. An utter delight! Sorrel tarts. Now that's making the most of your garden - big or small. Put that in yer woolly hat Oliver. Goodnight.

No comments: