Monday, October 01, 2007

Aftermath

The Gillsconnect MB has been a hot bed of theories and moaning northern argument since yesterday's result. I find all this mildly irritating. If a club is BIG then why are they in Division 3 with us? We make no pretence to be anything other than small, underfunded and yes though it really pains me to say it, not very good. BUT we are there like so many other clubs from around the country and provide a life line to people each weekend - a source of focus. I have only seen football violence when clubs with a reputation decide to live up to it.. Yes Leeds. Yes Millwall. I have been to many away grounds and always been impressed by the generally friendly and balanced attitude of fans - yes we all have our bias but that's the nature of being a fan. Being a football fan allows you to admit naffness, misfortune, hard done by ness and joy when a result deservedly goes your way.

Scally paying the ref?! If we had any money he wouldn't use it that way. If players don't understand the concept of a yellow card - then well serves them right. I wanted to say how well Leeds had pulled themselves up - but now I don't care.

See you on the last day of the season - and no matter where we are - I'll maintain my dignity.

No comments: