Thursday, March 01, 2007

Noise Abatement .. Part 101

As you know I sent a letter to upstairs asking them to consider thier noise pollution - and for 2 weeks they did not approach me to talk about it and noises continued (even though we have bumped into each other in the shared hallway still nothing had been said - in fact I was not even acknowledged!). So I sent a letter to my landlord enclosing a copy I sent to upstairs and also a rahter long list of flat related issues. I cunningly signed letter "Otherwise things are fine" when clearly reading both items would have suggested alternatively.

Well I have a builder arriving Monday am to ‘fix’ damp; washing machine; shower head runner rail (there's a new term I learnt); kitchen tiles; mice; oven etc etc. I wait with semi-baited breath.

And landlord has spoken with upstairs AND offered to help pay for a CARPET! However I suspect this will fall on deaf ears as it made no difference last night – they were stomping twice as much and moving furniture at 12.30…


Consequently my normally sunny disposition is fast deserting me. I am so angry. I pay a substantial amount each month to live in a flat which is farily sub-standard and get the added 'feature' of neighburly entertainment. Yet I am cast as the bad one becuase I chose to speak up.

I will keep you posted on progress... and building repairs!!

No comments: