Sunday, March 04, 2007

Gillingham 2 - Blackpool 2

2 2 2 - and for us definitely 2 points lost. Boo. Mind you with Notts Forest sniffing round for a Jarvis purchase and him being out injured it was an opportunity to see how we will fare once he has gone - because let's face it come the end of May he will be off...

Very unfair result. I was surprised to actually enjoy the game - both sides were so poor it was actually entertaining and exciting. We scored early on. We looked in control. We scored from a set piece (quite rare.) We missed a penalty. We let in a goal - because of the sun in the goalie's eyes?! We gave away a free kick near the area and they equalised. They had fans removed by the stewards.. All in all a rip roaring way to spend the afternoon. Made better by me getting the half-hour earlier train, thus missing the Tit. And then having a good long walk to catch my dad as he parked the car. This benefit of this being that I get some time to chat with him - as pre match & at half time he seems to have acquired celebrity status, with Arfur, Colin, the Twins and Razman all engaging him in football related punditry. He is quite good at holding his audience - so they all stand and nod approval and chip in with tactical ideas. Aristotle and his followers. I am a girl therefore I just stand there and watch the 10 year old's penalty shoot out...whilst munching on my mini choc bar. Today was no different - and to think if he hadn't been noted for absence whilst down under this new twist of communication would never have happened.

Got out fairly sharpish as the legendary Pater had been given a last minute call up to go to a quiz night - so off he went (be fearful next week he has to shoot off to Bury St Edmund's) already fretful about roadworks and diversions! I on the other hand wandered swiftly to the station and got the slow train back to London. Result all round - saw the beautiful sun set and the cheesy coloured full moon awaiting its eclipse, as well as avoiding the Tit once more. Excellent. Was home by 7pm and indulged in my Red Nose Day Squished Tomato Soup - lovely!!

I watched my usual Casualty to see where abouts in the never ending story cycle that is Casualty we had got too.

I then flicked over to BBC Four and 'Reichenbach Falls' - which I have to say was the best piece of drama I have seen in ages. Twangs of humour. Great interweaving of plot lines, story lines and dream lines. I was intrigued. Absolutely brilliant. Note: Must visit Edinburgh. Also tickled me due to 'some' (okay quite alot hence the title) references to Sherlock Holmes - illustrated no less. Oh poor old Adam Edwards - his book of the same became legendary...Good to see it here being used to better ends!

Neighbours out so it was peaceful - oh until 1.15am when they returned, woke me and dissolved my happy spirit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched the Reichenbach Falls, as well. Very good!

Wasn't Jack Harvey handsome! And you knew of course that Jack Harvey is a non-de-plume used by Ian Rankin...I like that sort of tricksy post-modern stuff.

And of course A Known Admirer is a nom-de-plume for...