Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bugs n Boots

Yesterday it was books - today boots - but in a show of self restraint I was merely picking up 3 pairs which I had finally put in for re-heeling! Aah! In other boot news I wore my 'motor-cycle' tan boots today (the most comfortable footwear I possess) with my sleek looking black dress and someone commented on how great my boots looked. Needless to say as I bounced down 5 flights of stairs the zip went wafty! Fixed now though - phew!

As for reading on the tube home - arses I'm afraid, no seat going spare and I refuse to be thrown around while I try and co-ordinate balance, turning pages and concentrating on the page as opposed to inertia and movement. So no Rabbit Run for me this evening. But I did end up in a carriage with a bloke on who I am sure was in my year at Leicester Uni - which in itself is not odd but the fact I was also sharing a carriage with him last week is. He still had his wheelie suitcase and got off at Tooting Bec. Third time I ask the question 'Oih, (Grr.) did you used to go to Leicester and study law, (Grr.) mate?' I'll let you know how that little tale unfolds.

Did get home to find a postcard on the doormat - from Australia. On the front an old style poster urging people to go out to Australia to see the Ashes matches in 1932 (and this tour lasted from September to March! Take note ECB). Some jovial Aussie then telling me that it was a memento of the 5-0 drubbing! And there was I looking forward to seeing him back in the UK tomorrow. Not so sure now! Freaky bearing in mind I dreamt about said fella last night (a rather odd dream in which my parents also featured and some mass gathering of people and for some reason I was up on a balcony far away in the corner) and was considering whether he had actually left Oz as I walked from tube to home.

So tea. Spicy vegetable tagine followed by apple & banana fritters - lush city! Who said eating well had to be boring?! And so to some TV.

Judge John Deed - discuss. What the hell is that all about? How close to reality is it? The nepotism and general deceit by those in seats of justice - all a bit worrying. And what has Mrs Mills done to her hair and why do her and Deed keep denying that they have a thing going on? Blimey remove that dynamic from the plot and they could see twice as many cases.

Is it a full moon tonight? I have heard the squeaks of mice, just now there were enough emergency sirens to suggest a major heist and now 2 cats are tearing strips out of each other in the back yard.

The big question of the evening - will my neighbours be moving furniture until midnight again this evening? I have started keeping a journal of noisy incidents. My lack of sleep is driving me to minor madness - okay perhaps more outwardly evident madness and I am slightly perturbed by the furniture which has appeared in the front garden coupled with the new table and chair ensemble which was sighted in the back of their Volvo. For one split second I thought they may be storing such items while they had a nice thick carpet and underlay installed in their front room - yet I suspect I am being too optimistic and in actual fact it's more stuff to irritate their downstairs resident....ie ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grr.

Another Grr. moment (well I know how much a known admirer loves them) Match.com without a prior notice take the next instalment of cash from account so I can make it happen... well match.com it ain't happening in cyber land... why would I converse with people online when I have a loyal following awaiting my every word on my blog?! Far more rewarding. So I cancelled my subscription and for the short while I was online at match.com I had 2 people email me?! Crazy crazy world. And on that bomb shell I am going to bed in my air raid shelter - you can hear it coming but you never know when that moving chair is going hit.... ttfn

No comments: