Monday, December 15, 2008

Strictly Gone Cock-Up

SO to Saturday night.
TV reached a climax last night. Not sure if I have confessed to this publicly yet but owing to the usual time I get home from football I have been 'converted' to the dark side and this year been watched 'The X Factor' as opposed to 'Strictly Come Dancing'. 'Strictly' was on too early and I felt cheated by the Sunday night results show... The John Sargent debacle should have been seen as the British public saying - 'You know what, we are all a bit bored with this contest. It used to be fun but now it's all about perfection. We want to vote for the one we like. We want to make your programme interesting.' So last night for the few brief moments I digressed from IT-V to the Beeb I witnessed Tess Daly wearing the red version of a dress she always seems to wear now, a public vote that meant nothing and for all those who'd rushed home to watch a pretty pointless results show.
All three went through to next week. So that means next week is a repeat of this week - and without 'The X Factor' to tempt to you to the other channel. There was no explanation - just genuinely shocked looking guests and hosts. I was unimpressed.
Meanwhile in Cowell-Cole land, Harry Hill's favourite, Eoghan Quigg went out first. Not even Boyzone could save him. JLS vs Alexandra Burke. I switched to watch the festive fall out of 'Casualty'. I missed only repeated tunes back on IT-V. But I did vote. First time ever for an IT-V prog, I have in the past got quite passionate about Strictly. But not this year. My vote counted - she won. Everyone is happy except maybe Danni Minogue who has had to sit as a mentor for weeks knowing she is last year's news. I have felt quite sorry for her.
This morning the Strictly vote issue is main headline news. Jees. Who cares? One of them will win. But none of the three remaining mean too much to me. Not like the lovable Darren Gough, the dreamy Mark Ramperkash or even last year's Matt vs Alesha final which I did care about. The moment has gone I fear for Strictly.
As for the X Factor - look out Leone - I fear Alexandra is a XX above you.
Notes: Beyonce at least gave a performance and was human last night unlike that dreadful 'appearance' by Britney Spears. Tsk what a waste of time she was!

No comments: