Monday, December 22, 2008

Freakscene

The one benefit of this incredibly mild spell is being able to wear my body warmer - with good pockets so I can use my MP3 player without it throwing a fit cos its moving around too much. SO this weekend I have been mostly checking out the play list I set up months ago - Freakscene..loosely based on the great disco night at university that I attended every Thursday of my second and third year. My word I had forgotten how many great bands there were in my Uni days... Pulp, The House of Love, The Longpigs, Flowered Up, Rage Against the Machine, Supergrass, Blur, Suede (Ah the Drowners!!), Joy Division, New Order, Cocteau Twins, Elastica, Dinosaur Junior, Primal Scream, Hole, The Verve, The Wonder Stuff, The Charlatans, R.E.M, Mansun, Sleeper, The Lemonheads, Lush, Saint Etienne, The Mock Turtles, World of Twist, Pixies, Sugar, The Breeders, Garbage, Dodgy, Ocean Colour Scene, Manic Street Preachers, James, Happy Mondays etc etc. Ah. Quite refreshing and not in a lyrical way more just for the sense of dancing non-stop and loving every minute of it! Carefree indulgence. Beer. Football. Music. That's what life meant. Get on up! Head bang!! Stomping! Bouncing like a pogo! Shake it!

No comments: