Monday, December 01, 2008

FA Cup Magic..

Yesterday we played really well against Stockport.. especially the first half. The second half less so, but we didn't concede. The 4,412 of us that turned out saw a top effort by the team, in the mist, murk and rain... and this afternoon after watching Leeds being turfed out by Histon the 3rd round draw took place... oh brilliant - second to last out - we're at home (if we win replay) to Aston Villa - please please please... the 3rd round is played on the w/e of my birthday so I have such strong wishes!! Please win the replay Gills! If it wasn't a Tuesday pm in a week when I have to be at work I'd go! La la la!
All in all Saturday was a strange day - I awoke in a daze. A cosy daze. I have to keep smiling to myself. And as the weather was so very uninspiring I stayed put. Ah. Warm duvet and inward smiles. Eventually up and dressed and off to the game, my love. FAC second round - its been a few years since we got this far! The train was quiet, Victoria station quiet - well all the top London clubs were playing Sunday. It was wet and cold so a treat - a large skinny wet latte. Slurp. Heyho. The Actor was texting en route to Manchester - Stockport being his home team. Zig-a-lig and I texted apres the game. His beloved NCFC losing once again. Why do we do it?! And midway through second half a call from Oz. It was too loud I couldn't hear a word so I rang back after the game. Not good. Distance sharpens the focus. Dare I say it but Madge sums it up in her dittie - Miles Away... mm.
Next week .. erm, Monday is swimming, I have invite out for a beer Tuesday, which I should probably turn down. Thursday I am due to meet an old school chum who moved to Canada but is back for the week and Friday is the works Xmas party. And yes kids I have bought a dress for said occasion... so better get walking and eating less!!
Have a good week all...and please may I see some blue sky and winter sun this week please?! Thanks!

No comments: