Saturday, December 06, 2008

Pearlers...

Ah the Christmas Party. It comes but once a year (thankfully!) and this year it was at the same venue as last year... there wasn't a theme - just drink too much and see how much of an arse you could make of yourself. I like to get this over with early so I can revert to water and slowly sober as those around me fall deeper into oblivion or if sensible leave before 11pm...

This represents early joy. Paul, me and Dan....(who now knows what a fluffer is....)

This represents us finding plastic teeth to wear.. chomp chomp...
This is me doing a rather good impression of Janet Street Porter - had I got my specs with me it would have been fault-less.

This represents the management of the table.


And these are the merry members of my team... Fai, Paul, Chris, Dan, Tan and Manisha.

And the plastic teeth have been removed.... I think...

So that was my 8th attendance.


I was up at 9am this morning. Head not too sore. I left at nearly midnight and avoided a punch up at Monument - avoided being chatted up from Bank onwards (late night tubes are fascinating for watching the male species line up their prey) and got home & drank 2 pints of water. I did at least get my Madge song request 'Holiday' and for the Oasis song 'Roll With It' was fortunate to have dance floor pretty much to self... Lovely! Like a good bop! I avoided any embarrassing scenes or situations and even spoke to the nice chap from Finance! Thank heavens that's out the way for another year without mishap! Next time just remind me to wear my jeans and a spangly top...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please could I put an offer in for the teeth - one never knows if one is ever ill - head down toilet etc - one may need them!! Party looked like fun fun fun - there again!!

Anonymous said...

Never mind Janet Street-Porter - looks more like Amy Winehouse on a good night! They are class teeth!

Karoona said...

Why thank you!
I clearly just need a beehive now then!! :-)