Monday, December 15, 2008

Odd Weekend

Not much to report really - the weather has been VERY damp. My Saturday did not start with an early walk - the rain put pay to that. I spent several 60mins on the tube getting to and from High Barnet. Which did mean I got to read lots of my latest book 'Water for Elephants' by Sara Gruen is set in the early part of the 19th Century and follows a character in the Circus. Not sure why I pulled it off the book shelf but it has been just what I needed to get back into novels post reverting to Observer magazines after the last read by Philip Roth. It was still wet and cold in North London - green and leafy too. Pops was already there so we decided to take our place in the away 'stand'. Seating with a tent roof! It helped keep us dry but we did get very cold. The pitch was a water mud bath. Barnet took the lead 12 secs into the 2nd half. We equalised. They struck right back and in the dying gasps of the game we levelled. Job done. Home. Pasta and TV. Bed.
Sunday - I do at least get up and think 'its only fog' and go for my walk. Straight round this morning no photos no interaction. It was very quiet and damp, but not as cold as yesterday. Home. Shower. The Archers and then set too on making my dinner and sorting out the kitchen. I am about to devour my dinner - Puy lentil pie with peas n carrots... yum yum. Then I intend to settle down for Little Dorrit and as much of SPOTY as I can stomach!!
Only a week or so to go til u-no-what day. I have managed to write all my cards today - now just need to post them. I have a few bits to get for my dad and Mike and Shirley. Otherwise I feel relaxed about it really. I'll be with 2 people I love and those I cannot be with I will love too regardless. In my thoughts. Alot. I shall hail a toast in any event! Cheers.

No comments: