Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Kent Riveria - Pt I

The Kent coast in sepia - like it was in the old days!!

The band stand and clock tower in Herne Bay
Assorted members of family by the Barge Man - its family tradition though I suspect one that others find trivial.
The view from Herne Bay to Reculver.. see the 2 towers at the end of the cliff in the distance.
The Queens Head - Ramsgate
The harbour - Ramsgate
And following a short historical lesson from my dad - I learnt that in the 50's Ramsgate was the South coast's answer to Blackpool - here are some relics of the lights which used to brighten this easterly and once prosperous coastal town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have good memories of herner bay from the times when my brother was living in whitstable - my overiding one is of eating whole unshelled prawns and them having loads of eggs to pick off whilst shelling them - urgh!