Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Farewell...

My parents have broken the news that they are saying goodbye to the trusty countryman Montego... a family friend which saw my brother and I to various University addresses packed to the rafters with our worldly goods...

My fondest memories are of Dad & I sat at Mildenhall (on the roof) watching harriers doing bomb runs - nice and low and loud! And the end of Fairford days - sat in the boot drinking coffee and demolishing whatever food was left - talking about the days aircraft and savouring the late July evening sun. A familiar sight - the sight of Mum and Dad arriving - a little warm glow. And the dogs who have travelled in style in the back. And the Chrstmas Eve lunchtimes when Mum has zoomed off in it cos Dad & I had over drunk ourselves..oops

Goodbye dear car - I hope you go to a friendly home and share as much with them as you have with us - all 13 years worth of our lives...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, farewell trusty car, with your ability to swallow a whole roomload of Karoon.