Friday, June 01, 2007

Two nights

out with friends - a social life is unfolding... !!! And of course by publishing it, it will promptly end!

Wednesday night I was 'dragged' into the local pub, following my weekly shop, and gripe at fellow shoppers in the local SavaCentre, and discussed music and revolution - well mainly revolution actually. It was really good to catch up with a few of the locals and hear all about the projects they are doing in the local area - live music being the primary focus and bringing back a sense of community to the local pubs plus the campaign against building more hideous buildings by the Wandle at Merton Abbey Mills... Either way my 'quick' white wine turned into several and missing The Apprentice and getting to bed just afore midnight. Consequently today has been slightly harder than usual.. oh well.

Then this evening I got a text message from someone I haven't seen in years! Can you see the truth Baggy?! One of my more avid commenter's was in the Waterloo area so we caught up for a pint (cured hangover instantly) and general rant against football, music and why the devil life is the way it is and a short sweep stake and when we are likely to meet for a nother beer!! 2012 on current form!! Good to see ya mate and I still think England will lose against Estonia!! :-)

So the sun is out and the birds are singing.. spring has sprung and life is kinda sweet... so many choices so little time (and that's just pubs to smoke in before 1st July!!)

AND AND my neighbours are still away and the peace is BLISS!!!!! Just typical I have hardly been there to appreciate it fully!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh! The Vice!

Karoona said...

The very same! As witty and Scottish as ever!