Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Tube journeys

this morning was not a good one.
Our train became defective - dodgy doors. Not shutting so all off at Clapham North and wait for the next train. Miraculously it was not full so we all piled on. But as we trailed towards Bank it got busier. At Bank I lost my cool. WHY WHY OH WHY can't people step off the train to let those of us who want to get out, get out? Oh no - instead two rather large people stayed standing in the doorway. As my scarf got caught in someone's bag and still no-one was moving I seethed outloud - 'It may help if you actually let us off the train'. I nearly swore,. But didn't. But really - I have lived in this city long enough to know - let people off the tube and then we all stand a chance of getting where we want to go....
Anyway today started angrily and seemed to bottom out to be ok. My cold is still getting me down. My brother texted to say he had got back from Sabah in one piece. Ma and Pa are at Fraser Island (minding the dingo's I hope) and I seem to be excelling in corporate eyes...
I have a few other things on my mind at the moment. But they are best kept under wraps for the time being. I also have not had the drive or time to sort out my 'Unbelievable!' blog... but I promise I will! (I lied - I have now made a start! - first up Bucks do!)
It dawned on me this evening as I crossed Blackfriars Bridge that the wheel of time has almost turned full circle again. The darkness so early in the afternoon. Seeing the Wheel all lit reminding me of Gill's hen night. I had forgotten over the summer how I coped with walks and gettinghome in the dark winter months. So far I am walking to Waterloo but not getting the train, but the tube. This is my sticking point. I should just carry on with my stomp regardless of the weather or the light. But it doesn't feel so uplifting. Must try harder perhaps?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what's on your mind karoona?

is it the client material code changes?