Sunday, October 29, 2006

Gillingham 2 - Carlisle United 0

Normal service resumed! a) me posting about my TEAM and b) a WIN!!!
Mark Bentley and Gary Mulligan scored at either end of the game to settle what in truth was a pretty mediocre display of football. I couldn't get excited about the score line until we were 2 up with 3 minutes to go! Too many last minute opposition wins! The crowd didn't quite reach the 6,000 total. Hey. We'll take the 3 points. The pie family werein as were the twins and I had the dubious pleasure of a manic bouncing bean sat in the seat next to my Dad's empty one (I did have 2 offers for his ticket but sadly he kept his Season Ticket safely locked up at home so I was unable to charge full whack for his pew!), some bloke, who when the first goal went in, jumped up and down like an extra auditioning for the part of Zebedee in the Magic Roundabout. I wondered at his verve. Had he not seen us be 3 up and still lose games?! His glee seemed far too premature for me. But then I am a pessimist!
Oh well. As the afternoon drew to a close the skies got greyer and the weather took a turn for the cool. Not quite the 34 degree heat I was used to down under. Good to see Jarvis back and fit - even if it did look as though he was wearing a clip in his hair! Good to see Twiglet on the score sheet and with Jack in goal we looked fairly solid. Crikey!
My other observation - we are no longer Gillingham ootball Club. At no extra expense in stead of buying a replacement F - one has been painted on the Gordon Road Stand. Triffic...

No comments: