Tuesday, October 03, 2006

12 hours..

and counting. Then I will be in the departure lounge and everything will be in the hands of fate. Except my cigarettes no doubt!

Nearly packed - just odds and bobs now like toothbrush and bl00dy chargers! Got dress, shoes and tights and spandex pants all in there. Trainers and trackie so I can use the facilities in my hotel - yeah right!!! Well according to that its nearly 8am in Melbourne - which would explain the texts from my mum and my bro - think they are checking I am still coming. Seems odd them saying seeing ya tomorrow - which it isn't for me - cos tomorrow is the day I board the plane - but see they have already started their Tuesday... all very confusing!!

Left work at 6pm - no surprises there, then! I suppose I have been quite overwhelmed since I got home with the good wishes I got - colleagues coming over and actually sitting down for a couple of minutes to wish me a great time - it felt as if I was leaving for good!? Anyway - cheers all - thank you for your kind words and if I failed to do a piece of work - well you can hang me for it when I get back!!

As for my other chums - cheers Lisa for your VM, and to my other chums for various MSN/texts and emails and phonecall messages. Sure the wedding will be fine and the flight ok once I am on it!! :-)
Baggy - sorry I have failed to email you as promised - hope your mum comes good - be thinking of you. Take care of yourself. To anyone else I have failed to say cheerio too - sorry dudes - time seemed to slip by me rather rapidly than I anticipated - methinks too many footie excursions are too blame - oh well, you know me!

So thoughts for the day - well we seemed to have 4 seasons in one day today - very Melbourne. The heavens opened and washed away the last traces of summer. The wind has started to get a small nip. I walked across Blackfriars Bridge... the sun was going down - all golden orange and reflecting brightly off the Thames. The sky clearing with some dramatic dark clouds framing the sun. The scene I shall return too. Aah, my city, my home. Autumn draws in here - down under spring is just getting going. So cobbers my Tooheys Old and Cascade brews are beckoning. My expectant brother is waiting and I am going to wish him well on this his biggest step since leaving the UK. Its going to be very emotional, cos I miss him lots but I know he is happy - so we can all drink, dance and be merry!

Take care everyone... x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your brother is expectant?

Blimey

Karoona said...

yes, as in excited. pedant.