Sunday, October 22, 2006

Home

On time. To cool weather and rain. Even my cab was waiting at Heathrow. My luggage took an age to come through but I was out of terminal 4 by 6.30am and home by 7.15am. Flat in one piece - damp and cold. So whacked the heating on. Now fully settled back in!
The first part of the flight was ok - 3 seats to myself and the upgraded plane so it was videos on demand! So I watched The Castle, Muriels Wedding, My Family and Rabbit Proof Fence, Chinatown and The Birds. The system ceased to work at one point - well an opportune moment really - we were over the interior of Australia and being on the right side of the plane when the pilot tipped us slightly we got a perfect aerial view of Uluru - so I have seen it now - it looked amazing from above - the colour and size of the rock, there in the middle of the desert.
Singapore was its usual sticky humid self especially in the cactus garden where the smokers are free to roam. I did not enjoy the 12 hour flight back to London - far too long and the plane was packed.
Oh well back in one piece and already it feels as if my holiday was all a dream. Feels odd getting back and there's no-one here to greet me. Ma and Pa are in Cairns and Stu and Emma in Sabah. Oh yes and I think because I was waiting at the Melbourne Airport from 8am until my 12.30 check in (long story!) they decided to randomly pick me out after immigration for an explosives check. A bit nerve wracking and all in all slightly perturning. Needless to say I passed. Plenty of duty free and then plenty more loo stops pre boarding. Various signs as I waited - a prog about Orangutans, mum texting me so by the time we took off I was quite emotional. Leaving behind my family, once again on my own.
Never mind work tomorrow and no doubt more ups and downs. Can't say I am overly looking forward to it.
Did get to hear The Archers this morning. Oooh dearie me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well as nobody else has said it yet, WELCOME BACK!

Karoona said...

Cheers doll!

You're right very quiet on the welcome back front!! I guess I should have stayed out there after all! At least it was warm and light and both ends of the day... I have now officially hit the post holiday depression. :-(
Not helped by home internet connection breaking cos modem knackered.... BOO!

Anonymous said...

...was your modem hit by lightning?
We've just got into the 21st Century by having broadband installed. ZOOM!

Karoona said...

No lightening - just my ineptitude! Oh well.

Sorted now!!