Friday, August 07, 2009

Summer 2009

The Rabbit Series.
Yesterday I started 'Rabbit at Rest'. It starts by setting the scene. The Lockerbie air bombing. The on the news - the bomber seeking to see out his final days in his home country.
Rabbit Redux. Moon landings. Anniversary of.
Updike - you were/are a legend.
Planetface - thanks for pointing in this direction.
In some sense it's been a very good summer...started with promotion for GFC.
An Ashes test win this weekend and it will have been a v v good summer.
I talk as if the summer is over.
On the train Wimbledon bound it was hard to believe a month ago it was all so different. So much warmer, drier, brighter, so much more complete - thanks to my brother's presence.
This evening it was humid grey and very wet. And Murray, Federer and Roddick were long gone. As has my bro. Though the texts have been more frequent. The Ashes helps.
Saturday I return to Priestfield.. summer fades so quickly.

No comments: