Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Set List...last night! The one I saw!

Set List: Release, Animal, Corduroy, Why Go, Small Town, Immortality, The Fixer, Even Flow, I Got Shit, Rats, Got Some, Whipping, Light Years, Insignificance, Black, Life Wasted, Blood/("Atomic Dog" - Clinton, Shider, Spradley)

1st encore: Supersonic, Hail Hail, Footsteps, Love, Reign O'er Me, Do The Evolution, Alive

2nd encore: Better Man/(Save It For Later), Crazy Mary, Leaving Here, Porch, Yellow Ledbetter
Not sure what part of the set I enjoyed the most - but when they played 'Footsteps' I was very emotional... as avid readers know it has been oft quoted here on Assume Nothing. And as it followed 'Hail Hail' I was very pleased... I don't want to think I wanna feel... are you woman enough to be my man... Eddie getting everyone to take 3 steps back to avoid a front crush. The banter between him and us the audience. 'I wish I could thank you all by name' ' 'Peace and love'. Magnificent!
Aah. Joy. Wore my wrist band all day at work despite several comments. Was a tad tired though!
All in all a much better end to the day than it started. Went first thing to Doctor's who had messed up my appointment so having squeezed me in I sat there for 40 mins before taking the bull by the horns and leaving. Got to work a bit hot and flustered. Skipped lunch and worked through til 1.45pm. Then changed and went to wait on the steps of St Pauls for the Actor. Weird set of emotions then set in a cross between excitement and dread! In the end it was fine. A few beers. Got to the O2 on time - another beer and a hot dog (which was a slight mistake as it kept repeating on us during the rest of the evening - soz about that). Queued to get in talking bands from our youth, gigs we had been too and people watching. Owing to the Actor's Ten Club status we could go in and stand quite near the front which was a bonus. Gomez were on first - a band I got into years ago. They didn't play anything I recognised but one tune was pretty good. Then 8.45 on came Pearl Jam - and they played through until 11.15pm. Usually by 11 I'm itching to avoid the rush and get home! But not tonight. Glad about that. As it was the walk from inside O2 to on the tube took no more than 15 mins. Spot on! At London Bridge we said our goodbyes. It had been a fantastic gig and a very enjoyable afternoon. Refreshing for me to have someone different to talk too. And not feel self conscience. Well not too much anyway.
On the tube this couple started talking to me about the gig. And when I got off at CW I rang my bro to share the moment! He seemed distant but then it was his morning and he was at work - whilst I was high as cloud and babbling about the greatness of Sir Ed of Ved!
Thanks Eddie et al. And thanks to Simon also, whom could have invited anyone else - so I am v grateful to have had the opportunity to see a band whose lyrics and music has often rung oh so poignant for me. Alive.

No comments: