Monday, October 27, 2008

Where did the extra hour go?!


Yoh! readers - amid news reports that Blogging is no longer the thing to do I come to you with a quick whizz around the passed few days. Fair to say been rather non stop and so posting has ground to a halt...

When did I last write anything... oh dear - a week ago.

So Monday - went swimming perhaps the only reason I dragged my sorry ass into work. It also prompted me to consider my week and book Wednesday off.

Nose clamp and goggles ahoy I swam my 32 lengths and then ventured once more out into the rainy Monday night. There were only 3 of us in the pool on Monday and I got promoted to the middle lane. Which was fine until I realised I was veering off towards the lane markers! Oops. But this was a minor problem compared to the horror of getting showered and down to skin only to pull out my lovely pink towel and discover it was not my bath towel but my lovely pink hand towel... thankfully the changing rooms were empty so I could rub dry without too many snigger's! Lesson learnt #2 when swimming. Pack correct towel. Lesson learnt #1 - don't get into pool chewing gum!! Learnt that way back in August!

Tuesday - ah Tuesday night football night. I love evening games. The atmosphere is always different - more vocal. And this trip I took Sparky with me with the added result being guests of Season Ticket holders get in for a tenner. Should really provide a separate match report - erm okay will do that shortly.

Wednesday - found myself on the 6.26am train from Rochester to deeper Kent. A day with the folks. Long overdue and very needed. Got home at 6.55am and after a quick cuppa and a change into walking gear Mum and I went for our country lane yomp. Very bracing and beautiful at this time of year and at that time of the morning. The leaves all on the turn. Charmed. Returned home for breakfast, banter with Pater as I roused him and encouraged him to get out of bed! We then all piled into the car to go to Broadstairs. Not somewhere I have been before - but brilliant for both me and Pa to experiment with our various digital cameras - the results of which I will post up somewhere soon. Suffice to say I love my new camera and I love Broadstairs. If I could work from home 2 days a week I would up sticks and move to the coast, as it was so peaceful and picturesque. We stopped at Manston on the way down to see what if any aircraft where in the vicinity. It was quiet - but bought back good memories of air shows past. In the evening we ventured to Marino's for pukka Fish n Chips. And I once more got a SE train and headed back to London.

Thursday. Work. Work. Walk after work and I think Sainsos. Then again can't remember.

Friday. Work. Lunch and purchase of a Network Railcard (20 quid well spent I fear!). After work drink with friend - bottle of Malbec - which was very lush, followed by a yomp to Covent Garden to the Transport Museum - got a bee in my bonnet about a proper Oyster card holder. So made my purchase and then wandered to Waterloo. I had my camera so made the most of the evening lights. Back to CW - pub to rescue Sparky.
Saturday. Up with a lark to walk and sort. Train to Gills cost me a mere 6 quid when before a Network Card it cost £10.10. Another game of footie. Home straight after. Delayed trains. Another pub rescue mission. Followed by curry and TV. At last a cosy night in.
Sunday. Early waking to get people off to work. The clocks back so felt odd and the crazy news that Harry Rednapp was new manager at Spurs.. Mental!! When rain had eased sufficiently walk whilst listening to The Archers via Homebase to buy some energy efficient light bulbs for those lights which are not part of a dimmer switch situation (tip off Homebase selling a vast majority of their bulbs for 99p!) Then home. The rain now really set in and despite energy efficient bulbs the flat felt dark and dingy...after lunch I gave up and went for a snooze whilst listening to footie. Aah.
Strictly results show followed by 'Little Dorrit' and the then BBC2 programme about 7WTC. Then bed.
And as if by magic its Monday again and my ass is seated here having been dragged for work - been to WW (10st 12) and later - swimming! Hooray.
Don't you just love time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yoh!...do we now talk like dumb american lame-duck presidents???

PC Anon x

Karoona said...

Yoh yoh yoh yoh yoh!!

Come on get a smile on your face!

Have a nice day!!!
(erm seems we do!)