Thursday, June 11, 2009

Strike - update

Awoke remarkable at 6.30am (oh yeah bursting bladder). And this morning bluffed by news of a good service on the Northern Line I got as far as the platform and with every passing second and no time indications for trains I realised I was slowly being crowded off the park. Darn it - I was not dressed for speed walking but nevertheless got the south bound to Sarf Wimbledon and then walked to Wimbledon for an overland express... and yup more walking. My hair has now spent 2 days in ultra frizz mode. My new trainers are truly broken in and this evening the plan is to walk home.
Last night what was the point in rushing. Came out of a meeting at 6pm and the office was like a morgue. The rush to get home was on. But why? Just clogs everything up. Instead the pub had 2 people in it.. and then a lovely quiet(ish) pizza ... The plan had been to get the Thameslink (boo) but the station was shut for engineering works - so a quick root march back to Waterloo for a train and then a bus home... better than expected. And the ability to sleep much better than I have for a while.
People bag the tubes when they are running - but by god do they learn to appreciate them when they aren't running... I support people's right to strike - we fail to do enough of it in this country anymore.. and look where a lack of passion has got us... so you strike. Wakes people up to what they take for granted and how inherently lazy we all become... okay. Rant over.
Roll on 5.30 and pavement power walk.. get out of the way novices!!

No comments: