Friday, November 28, 2008

Refreshing

What a change an hour or so with new people makes .. actually having discussions and being made to think on your feet without the responsibility of anyone else except yourself. No weight of expectation. No competitive nonsense. Actually knowing you are being listened too. Reminding yourself of the journey you have made and the qualities you do have to offer. And laughing.
Mm.
So remind me again why am I still in the same spot? Is it because I am too loyal. Stuck in my ways. Scared?
How long am I going to be this foolish for? Grr.
Anyway. Watch 'Lead Balloon'. It's good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well as one of the old people you mix with, this post caused me a great deal of pleasure.

Thanks, karoona, for making me feel special. Why not go off an enjoy yourself tonight with all those new peole who keep, rather than coming out with me with my boring expectations or weighty competitions?

Thanks a bunch

Karoona said...

I think that is harsh Planetface. If I wanted to berate you, which I do not, this is not the place... Part of the post was the assertion that yes I am loyal and I find security and comfort in that BUT it is refreshing to have that challenged. I am the fool becuase I always underestimate myself.
The observation was meant in a professional sense. As someone who hasn't had a job interview for over 4 years, or met anyone outside of my immediate depts it was a refreshing change to meet totally new people who were from the same industry. And not feel a dork.
Sorry if I upset you - it was never my intention.