Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's lunchtime..

that's the only reason I am here.
I have been so busy or tired that the last thing I have wanted to do is boot up my PC at home and write - and yet in being so apathetic I have lost the moments of so many things over the last well month I guess... I have footie games I need to report on. My trip to Exeter remains a chapter unwritten. My new camera - I did get round to installing software but still not moved photos off of the thing!
On Monday I felt abandoned. Well Friday afternoon actually. My Pops is in the US chasing aircraft and sunlight. My Sparky friend departed Kent as soon as they piloted the gas tanks to Edinburgh and Ireland. My friend at work bid farewell to begin maternity leave. I got quite emotional. I had taken on the responsibility of getting a leaving gift. It bought home to me the true wonder of bringing a new being into the world. The complete expression of love. And if anyone deserves all the happiness - it is Cam. Our friendship has matured and now we are as close as we once were. Yet there's some much I don't say. Handing her her leaving present and seeing her so at ease after work made me realise how much of a space would be left (no puns intended) now she won't be in the office. Gonna miss her. And the final no show for a week - my boss has gone to checkout the rain in Spain, falling softly on the plains. So I really have been staring at walls.
Except I haven't. Friday evening was a darn fine evening in the pub. Saturday was not such a fine day in the hangover department. But my recollections of the evening before were all received with a knowing glow. Finally a connection is made. Sunday catch ups. Monday night was swimming - 40 lengths and no passes (even with seemingly all the team there). Tuesday was beer fest night at the Wetherspoons. Yesterday I had an afternoon off. And now I just feel as if something/one is missing. Like something is waiting to happen.

No comments: