Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend

Ah.
Yes.
Think this weekend I finally lost my patience. Fed up with few calls. No invites and never being considered - I asked Sparky to forget me. I can't find a new companion if there is a connection between us as my loyalty won't won't permit it. Meanwhile he doesn't want to let me help him as he tries to find a new job, let alone see him preferring to only let me see him when he is on the up... so I can't win. All I do is spend too much time by myself - waiting and hoping. Being fitted in when it suits his plans. Which hurts me as I'd do anything for him. But arms length hurts.
Friday a few beers to the wind I called him. Sure enough the pub came before finding me, probably as I was a bit too honest. I'll see you Saturday. Which with rugby and everything else I knew wouldn't happen. It didn't. A text invite arrived at 3pm today. I was in town with folks having gone to a rather excellent aircraft art exhibition. We found a pub and had a roast. Yum!
It's been a warm weekend. The shower was a dribble this morning. I realised Friday night how normal and well adjusted I am as I observed the madness around me. The evening stirring all sorts of emotion.
The sooner I sort my night class out the happier I will be.
In the meantime before my looks desert me and my vitals droop I want to give myself the chance to find an appreciative person to spend sometime with and share some experiences. Or if not be sure enough to stride on out and be successful. Is that so selfish?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel. Being kept at arm's length can hurt after a while...

Anonymous said...

Have pondered this awhile, and all I have to say is that doing something for yourself, really for yourself, is the least selfish thing you can do.

Karoona said...

am starting to accept this notion too...