Monday, August 06, 2007

So where have I been?

Hiding?
On tour?
In detox?
Recuperating?

No sadly not one of the above.

Been snowed under with work. Counting to 10 in the fight against noisy neighbours (who decided 3 bicycles in the hallway was acceptable - sadly at 11.15pm on a Thurs pm I did not. Sorry bike.) Trawling shamelessly around the Next sales... made some tops purchases! Some odd evenings out. Beers. Food. And a never ending case of 'what if...?'
Clean bill of health at doctors and dentist. And yet I spent the whole of last week suffering with neck ache and head aches. I checked it out on NHS direct. Blimey it went straight to red and 999. It was sore and it put me on back foot - but I had 3 apparently chipper days at work... Jekyll? Hyde?! I was cross and spoiling for a fight one day and then sweetness and light on another...my brain keeps waking me up in the middle of the night - fretting about life. Housing. Money. Job. Love. Argh.

Finally returned my month old, broken MP3 player to the manufacturer - a new one is on its way. Finally. A month without music is driving me nuts on my day to day commute! Have had a semi-replacement - sort of - Blackberry Curve with 2GB card in it. Not as brill but does the job! Shame re-syncing the thing ended up with only one working album! So I have over dosed on 'The Editors'! Which is a good album! Ta again Baggy!) It will become synonymous with my current read 'The Secret History', Donna Tartt.

Been avoiding the staff canteen and working the local Japanese restaurant - top rocking sushi, miso soup and tempura! Lovely! Tiffin opposite is as good though - they do a mean lentil curry.

Dyed my hair. Lighter!

Not as much walking as I would like - too long in the office. Oh yeah and mid August client meeting in Bonn. Which would be great if wasn't going to be a day-trip. Joy!

My brother has been on the blower. Excited about trip! Not long now.

And I guess the bottom line is - too much work makes Karen a dull girl... so fewer reasons to blog. Heyho.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back x

Karoona said...

Ta ... hoping to not be away for so long ... and if I am then assume the worst - not nothing!

Anonymous said...

Must be the shock of being blonde! Sounds like the short dark days are ahead soon x

Karoona said...

Yes - its called winter and work! Short dark days...

Or did you mean my hairdo?!