Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Fed up

With this blessed weather.

It's grey. It's wet. It's cold?!

It's August still?!

Yesterday I was extremely glum. Not sure why really. Okay maybe I am - several reasons.

Radio Five's lead story about how once you reach the age of 35 you recognise all your regrets. Giving me approximately 4 months to make sure I minimise mine....

Then I got wet on the way to work.

It was Monday.

Half the office were on leave.

Half my family are in the country on leave and I am in work.

I went to WW and was not happy with the total. 10st 12.5lbs. Cross with myself. Can trapped wind equate to 5 lbs?

I had lunch at my desk. On my own. Boxed sushi.

Went for an after work walk - too many people.

Did catch the Ood on Dr Who mind you!

Felt less glum today. Buried myself in work. Eased the pain. Even tho I have strong reservations about the main project I am on.
Have been distant from key people in the office and I am not sure what the answer to that is - but I do know that often after a vented spleen things feel less isolating. Even a joint lunch with various team members in the canteen can help.

I guess I am battling with one of the 4 personas I carry. And I am battling with the new personas in the office. I have days when my desk in the corner suffocates me. I feel trapped by my position. I feel fenced in. I feel like hiding under the desk and hoping no-one notices I am falling apart.

No regrets?

More words. More actions. More art.

Maybe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sun is here :)

For a day or two, at least.

Karoona said...

still grey here... vicious rumour sun may come out tomorrow.... but with it being a Bank Holiday I doubt it!!

Anonymous said...

I vote for more art.