Friday, December 29, 2006

Can't you see I'm busy....!

Back to work and the BBC website is providing some useful 'lunch time' reading....

100 things you never knew... I especially liked the one about Goths... though clearly for me I didn't quite make a fully income earning lawyer. But almost!

Well no point reading about the cricket as we have severely crashed and burned. Looking like the 5-0 option is favourite. And the news is full of tragic deaths and people still intent on killing each other. There was a story about a house in Sittingbourne being used as a cannabis factory... no surprises there then.

Went for a walk over lunch hour. Sales. All the good stuff has gone I think - though I did get 1000 evening primrose capsules for half price which I believe to be a bargain and an investment!

I was looking forward to returning. Well the tubes are quieter even though mine was trapped by signalling problems at Stockwell which gave me an extra 15 minutes to read 'Rabbit is Rich' by John Updike. Rich use of language is keeping me reading. Meanwhile on the streets it is very quiet. Hardly a soul around. Shame that as predicted the fog has lifted, the clouds are higher and it is bright and quite temperate. A great day for a long walk and plenty of photos. Oh well.

Got to work. Only a few of us in and even these few couldn't decide on a lunch venue! So a Tesco sarnie and bananas were purchased. Now I am going to spend the afternoon testing the Anchovy application and no doubt getting annoyed that it DOESN'T work!!! In other work related news - lovells.de has gone live! Hooray!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am just having a chuckle to myself through remembering the origins of "Can't you see I'm busy?"!

Karoona said...

Yes! All hail Ms Thomas!! And those boots! And those clothes and that hair! Priceless!