Thursday, August 19, 2010

Parklife

Last night as I sat on the tube wending my weary way home it occurred to me that I was on the precipice (well not quite - I was sat squashed on the Northern line) of 3 versions of London.

The present day. Commuters and tourists (yes its holiday season) in various states of attire all rushing through a tunnel homeward bound. Meanwhile I was reading the The White Queen, by Phillipa Gregory and getting my history fix. She is currently holed up in Westminster Abbey. 1483 and her husband the King has died and her son should be taking the throne but evil dead King's brothers have other ideas. So while she views the Thames from her sanctuary I have crossed it in sun light and dodged the photographing visitors.

To complete my London segue I'm re-living the brilliance of Parklife.. a classic Blur album. Released in 1994 it was a huge success and everyone was jumping to Boys & Girls. 'Tracy Jacks' and 'London Loves' did it for me.

No comments: