Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bring back Shelagh and Nicky...

This week and last Shelagh and Nicky have been on their hols so the Breakfast show on Radio 5 has been invaded by Phil Williams and Rachel Burden...
I cannot stand Rachel. But at least her week day appearances means she is not on at the weekend... then again that's another rant...
So I have been listening to Radio 4's Today programme for the duration I am in the bathroom and am awoken by Five Live when the alarm goes off... this has proved somewhat amusing as I get to hear the same story told 2 different ways. This morning for example was woolly mammoths and how they became extinct. Also the differing styles in quizzing Nick Clegg on the 100th day of the coalition government... the weather man is also different but essentially pedalling the same facts. I miss the laughs and rapport of my Nicky and Shelagh though. Evan Davies has quite a cute voice and there is far less emphasis on the Premiership on Radio Four...
which reminds me..
The Guardian never did reply to my reply to their email notification about Monday's paper being filled with Premiership news the other week. I responded with a gentle reminder that there were other leagues - what about them and that they began the day after the email was sent... I await some news. Real news. About something other than money and 'doing' badly.. its all tosh!
Weekend - at last though Fighting Talk is back... all we need now is that twerp Gethin Jones to crawl back into his hole and Danny Baker's amusing turns to resume... summer on Five can be quite naff unless there's sport on from 9am!!!

No comments: