Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009

I am shamelessly going to recycle these questions and see how 2009 compares to 2008!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
* Saw Pearl Jam, went on holiday by myself, walked in MBT's.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
* Not sure I made any for 2009, and if it was to continue not smoking I shamefully failed. So this year - lose some pounds, quit smoking, enjoy life.

3. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
* Yet to be determined. Hiding?

4. Did anyone close to you die?
* Yes. In shockwave circumstances too.

5. What countries did you visit?
* Tunisia. Ireland.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
* More hugs!

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
* May 23rd. Wembley. Gillingham got promoted!! Hooray! (contrast last year!)

* July 2nd. My flat. Surprising my Mum with my brother being there!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
* Getting myself finally on holiday.

9. What was your biggest failure?
* Starting to smoke again.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
* I fell on some ice and knackered my knee early on in the year.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
* MBT's. A holiday.

12. Where did most of your money go?
* Food. Footie. Fags.


13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
* 'Footsteps', Pearl Jam live @ the O2 18th Aug

14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
* Walking. Blogging.

15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
* Smoked.

16. What was your favourite TV program?
* Doctor Who.

17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
* Not really. My dislikes remain the same.

18. What was the best book you read?
* The Damned United.

19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
* Jazz!

20. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
* Simeon Jackson in the 89th minute (!?)


21. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
* Best not say, though there are several.


22. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
* Seeing PJ. Seeing Pat Rafter.

23. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer.

24. How did you spend Christmas?
* With Ma & Pa and a tops Christmas Pudding!

25. Did you fall in love in 2009?
* Yes.

26. How many one-night stands?
* None.

27. What did you want and get?
* Promotion. Well done the Gills!

28. What did you want and not get?
* Younger!

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
* 'The Reader'


30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
* Again so long ago. I was 36 in 2009 and I had the day off work, walked and went to the cinema to see 'Australia', which I thought was a tops film.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
* More holidays!

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
* Footwear is about comfort and quick walking!

33. What kept you sane?
* Walking. Lots. And reading.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
* Pat Rafter! Good to see him again at the tennis!

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
* Feckless people and credit cards. STILL!! The banks. The government bailing them out.

36. Who did you miss?
* My brother. Esp as he was over for such a short time.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
* Benedict.


40. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
* Its not the quantity of my friends but the quality of them that keeps me sane. Which is still as true this year as last. And to have faith.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
* I fell on some ice and knackered my knee early on in the year.

You forgot your finger injuries that prevent you texting or returning calls...or should i take hint! Hope you have good birthday PC Anon x

Karoona said...

Blimey!! I wondered where the hell you had got too!! I nearly texted you last night to check you were still alive!! I did text you re Brandy the Man U player on loan at GFC atm!!
Hope you had a good Christmas!
Happy New Year!! x

ozgurlugunyollari said...

-I saw Pearl Jam for the first time in 2009, in Berlin!..
-What is your plan in 2010?
-I'll see them 3 times more in Europe!.. That is the only plan....

Karoona said...

I am all set to see PJ at Hyde Park in June 2010!