Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Sadness

This is really difficult to express, and I am bound to sound clumsy, but the Saturday I was preparing to go on holiday a family friend took a life changing decision and threw herself in front of a train.
Today is her funeral. I cannot begin to imagine how desparate she must have been.
I didn't find out until the Monday of my return and when I was told it took my breath away. It was/is a shock. It has been in the back of my mind a lot over the last week and measuring the madness that goes on at work each day against that has to a degree kept me centred. It also highlights that there are many people with other stuff going on beyond the work place despite which doesn't stop the daily demands. Why are we not kinder to those around us?
I hope that she has found peace - whatever that may have meant for her.

No comments: