Friday, February 15, 2008

'In the Valley of Elah'



Comes as a highly recommended film to go and see. In my humble opinion. It's well acted, tightly plot lined and by the end I was in tears. (An emotional cripple I may be).

It does what few films do - it takes a real swipe at the US today and for its most recent history. Emotive yet done with a graceful subtly that a viewer can take as much or as little influence from it.

The deadpan Tommy Lee Jones is thorough and believable and my heart was wrenched by Susan Sarandon's performance.

The up-ended telephone table and scattered sweets.

As the credits rolled and Annie Lennox sang my one thought was 'What have you done Mr Bush, what have you done?'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He toppled an inhumanly violent dictator and given a whole nation a chance of proper freedom and prosperity.

Which to be far is a bit more than Susan Sarndon or Tommy Lee Jones or Chalize Theron have done for anyone.

Karoona said...

yes he did - but at what cost?
are you telling me everyone has come out of it with huge benefits?
i don't see it myself.

Anonymous said...

who are we to judge what the beneifts of the newly liberated might be.

I hope with all my heart they are spared Annie Lennox and films made by bleeding heart liberals...