Sunday, July 08, 2007

W/B 25th June

I met my friend Lisa on the Wednesday. We talked of life, loneliness and loves.

It was a week when my boss was on hols so I was at the helm. Eek. Survived and felt okay by end of week - tired. But on top.

We got a new Prime Minister. Please enter the house known as No 10 Mr Gordon Brown. Good bye Blair, Tony - there was so much promise. And that day in May 1997 lives on in my memory. A day off work - on Vikki Park @ Leicester enjoying the sunshine and down the pub with the crew from work to celebrate! Ah Labour united.

I went to the opticians and got very cross with the lack of customer care... or concern for anything except my direct debit scheme. I strongly do not recommend Optical Express.

Saturday my folks descended - Mum was off to see Andy Williams at the Royal Albert Hall. I have to keep reminding myself that it is June/Summer/nearly July. The rain hasn't stopped. Glasters and Wimbledon really have put the end of the month on a damp footing. So anyway we were wet before we even got to the tube station. So we got tube to S Wimbledon and walked swiftly to Slurp for some tasty Japanese/Chinese lunch. Walk back to CW and I picked up my dry cleaned duvet! Oh yes - only took me 16 years to get it sorted!! In that time it was apparent that my Squeezy friend was in the pub opposite so we went in for a beer and a catch up. Went rather well I thought.

Home for the folks to change. Except they fell asleep. I checked the web - tube up the spout so I accompanied them to Wimbledon on the bus and in doing so missed the last episode of Doctor Who..... eeek.

They got back at 11.30 pm. Mum had visibly been moved by seeing our Andy. Childhood memories etc.

Sunday the sun was intermittent so I cooked lunch while Dad got his fingers round the mouse of my PC and the Internet. Gasp!!

Which reminds me on the Friday night I got home to a not quite dead mouse in the trap. I tried to finish it off but couldn't - so let it run into the garden.... however the pellets have since come out and I Hope they do the job... all too soon Monday again. Thankfully a short week ahead...

No comments: