Sunday, July 08, 2007

4th July - the Little Sparrow

2007 - Happy Birthday to my mum!

I went to the dentist while she potted round SavaCentre (and yes I did cook her breakfast!) we met purchased produce for lunch/tea and meals tomorrow. Then my errant brother rang and I finally managed to shift 4 bags of charity stuff to the charity shop as we walked to Wimbledon!

The reason. Well the rain determined that our walk was out and a trip to watch the tennis didn't look a very sensible use of time. The rain see. So we went to the pictures/flicks/cinema and watched 'La Vie En Rose' - the Edith Piaf story. Utterly brilliant it was too. The actress, Marion Cotillard, playing Edith in her most formative years was sensational.

The back drop to the afternoon was the cinema hall being occupied by the grey haired brigade - no wonder my mum get frustrated - she is not yet a 60er and yet because she has the distinctive grey hair everyone assumes she is. I guess I have this to look forward too... Anyway we trotted home at speed and I cooked Sicilian Bean stew with baked Salmon and also prepared Spag Bol ready for tomorrow's fodder session. Lovely! I think my mum has been disappointed by the lack of out of date yoghurt's in the fridge! Oops!

No comments: