Thursday, April 19, 2007

LOOK LIFE

Today has been about several of my loves - walking, London, good lunch time banter, art and reaching my set goal.


Today I walked to work! It was a challenge I set myself several weeks ago to do when I was on leave. There was a team meeting at 11.30am so I had a purpose and a goal. Full pictures and commentary will appear on Kazza's Walks! The route defined by walkit.com took me over 8 miles, I left home at 9.10am and got to Blackfriars Bridge at 11.15am so I was well within the fast walking pace time.
Made the team meeting, went for lunch with Mike and Gary @ Tiffins and then trekked over to Tate Modern for some culture!
Gilbert & George was my mission - recommended by Mike which was reason enough! Interesting approach to colour and words and themselves.
For me the fascination came from watching them as a couple grow old within their art. Especially rewarding today were the London E1 pictures - suspect some overlap will occur in my walking blog!

Need less to say the Northern Line was suspended so a bit more walking beckoned.

Today in total 14.232 miles; 28627 steps and NO blisters!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your walk - I think it's the way forward. There are too many lazy people in London who see nothing because they are below ground. We are not moles. Or squirrels come to think of it. So did Gilbert and George have any of their wily pictures out?

Anonymous said...

That's a mighty walk! Well done m'dear.

Re: Gilbert and George, James went to an exhibition about 12 years ago and described it as "naked shit"!

He had a way with words.

Karoona said...

there were indeed pictures of genitals (blokes) and shit. All in all I went witht he view - anyone could do this... but looking at how their techniques had evolved was quite fascinating. And also made me realise that yes I could do this too, but there's no point now its all been done!!

As for the walk - yes as a nation we are becoming lazy. Throwing our litter EVERYWHERE. And using a vehicle when a stomp would do us all some good...