Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Gucci

Please allow me to introduce one of my favourite animals! This is Gucci.

Back in 1997-98 I dog sat for Rosie and looked after a much younger Gucci for 6 months. He turns 10 in July this year and bless the old fella his back legs are crippled by arthritis and by all accounts he is now a tad deaf. But he still recognised me and we shared a hug or two. Hard to believe he is the same dog who used to wake me up at 6.30am by bring one of my walking boots and waving it in my face while I lay in bed. The great thing about Gucci is that he has a naughty streak but between us we walked miles around the quiet and lazy lanes of the Downs. I never felt threatened by him - he is a big softy - except when he sees a car, cyclist or indeed another dog! But I learnt the art of using a strong arm and a short lead! If I ever have a dog - it will be one of this sort of size. A real dog who likes walking as much as me!







The last picture makes me look like I did when I was about 10 years old!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a killer! :-)

Karoona said...

he is a softie!