Friday, April 14, 2006

Music Night

Ok ok. So I go to music night knowing trusted friend will be there. Ok ok I know you ALL know who I am talking about. Mr G.

Anyway I got there at 9.30pm. And had one of the wierdest nights. Ok ok so part of me went cos I wanted to see Bruce. He was there and we had a chat. But the other part of me just wanted to go out and listen to live music and see a few people. And that's what I did. I was quiet and possibly slightly subdued. Not many people in and a real sense of oh, is it Thursday and is tomorrow a holiday. The raw realisation that oh yes other people go away for the Easter weekend. I have spent the day cleaning windows. Washing net curtains ( un cool?) and generally making my nest more mine. Only I see it. But things of beauty count.

So to the evening. Pete was there waiting for his new catches to turn up. They did. Pete is from Scotland and a real gem of a lad. I say lad - he is 32. And the 3 girls who turned up reminded me that for all Pete's charm and genuine being he is still at heart a bit of a youngster. And so too the rest of the night. Adie Sweet talks to me. That is a break thru. Rev 2 Sheds talks to me. And the general theme is - make sure you are at the pub on Saturday night. It's Adie's Birthday. Even as Bruce was kissing me good night he wanted to check I was going to be there so that no close dancing could take place - hehem. What is going on?! The music was fair to middling. Kids singing dark and depressing numbers. Acoustic reptitive strain injury and Mr G singng along whilst Bruce strummed the guitar. Ah the juxtapositon.

And now its 2.10am and I am here writing out my guts cos I can say hand on heart that I came home alone. Oh yes. And I am quite looking forward to Saturday! Rev 2 Sheds said I was the most amazing looking gal in the pub. I choked and then thought if only. Bruce. Claims to have no heart. And my world. My world. The lead singet of Ozric Tentacles plays on music night. Johnny. He is very good. But once you have seen the dreadlocked man in SavaCentre its not quite the same. And the two geeks who tried to chat me and Lisa up on NYE were there - so dim - no recognition. Thank the lord for that.

My net curtains smell nice. Must be time for bed.

Realised today I had duvet related experiences with a Norton (AntiVirus 2006) and a McAfee... oh dear. Either my up grade has upset me or my life experiences are far too interesting.... I sense another theme of blog entries coming on. Good Friday everyone. Enjoy your hot crossed buns. Or on our street, Hot Crashed Bins...

Sleep well.. Bruce. He is quite short and quite a bit older than me. And I need a new focus. Anyway look out for my next major Blog mission - Sat pm at the Nelson...... should be good!!! ;-)

Good night sweet hearts. And come on Gills get that final top of the league scalp. I would be there but its sold out. Suddenly I feel like a fair weather fan.

Curses. Mercies.

No comments: