Sunday, April 30, 2006

Gillingham 0 Walsall 1

And so the season ends. I feel quite deflated. Empty. The game was fairly dire. We had our chances we just decided not to take them. A stop; a rebound and for all Jason's quick reactions the ball was in the back of the net. A small burst of energy towards the end - but as the last home game, and already being safe, there was little to play for. Except pride. Walsall are already down so 3 points for them is like adding fire to the flames. Made no odds.

Full time and the players did a lap of honour. Much clapping and cheering. How quickly we forget the bad times! After 10 months with these guys they do begin to take on family like qualities. You watch them flourish and flounder and then you watch them disappear down the tunnel knowing you won't see them for 2 months and some may not be part of your clan next season.

Well we stayed up and I have seen parts of England I haven't seen before. Today's chattering couple were slap bang behind me. I switched off. Home games are so much different from away experiences. I wonder who will renew their season ticket and be sat in Row Q of the Rainham End next season. Have a good summer everyone and here's to watching the World Cup ... fingers crossed and all that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you are going to keep a blog of the World Cup aren't you, karoona?

Karoona said...

Greenie mate - you yourself know that now the Roonster is out we are going to be lucky to get very far... I will perhaps mention it in passing.. make it an Ashes of football if you like... well last summer was so great on that score... but my general excitement for the tournament has been jaded by constant drivel about who is replacing Sven, mad Polish fans, injuries and Australians who think they are gonna win it....

Karoona said...

If the glass is half full then despite the possible absence of L King, M Owen, J Terry, W Rooney (though I see on the news he is confident - shame Sir Alex isn't) S Campbell not match fit vis a vis A Cole, then yes I am sure we can do it.
I reckon it's a Crouch and Defoe fest?! Bit of Carrick. Lennon. Am I showing a Spurs bias?
Mind you the England cricket team are in a bit of strife...oh the trials and tribulations!