Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Leave - Part 2

Got back to London this morning - well gone noon amid text messages that someone had been stabbed last night opposite Sainsburys. I can't find a mention on the web and nowt on the local news. Last night went for a very very tasty fish n chip supper. Most welcome!

On the train home I for once buried my head in my book - not fazed by the sun drenching the beautiful Medway towns. 'Stuart - a life backwards' is not exactly a comfortable read. In fact it just about brings to the surface all of your worst nightmares. That said its author Alexander Masters has written a truly captivating look at one individual - Stuart. I guess I bought the book cos its the same name as my brother but also because I had finished my reading material that morning on the way to work. It was also the day my brother rang me - noon UK time - very drunken on his mobile from the streets of Melbourne. That though is another story. Without giving too much away Stuart's life included spells in prison, living on the streets, drugs, some degree of mental illness and he was also born with muscular dystrophy. Yet I have been captivated by his story. Yes it has made me laugh. Smile. Contort my face in disgust. Screww my eyes against what I've read. Yet Stuart is one person who through this book you cannot help but like. And yes feel sorry for. I have 10 pages left and I will be sad to finish it.

So home meant decision time - walk or wash. My washing now complete and hung in the breeze I can go for a walk. The flat is once more hoovered from front to back window. It may not be very large or especially flash - but on a day like today the sun pours through and the yellows and reds make it really homely. My home. Me-thinks I have a compulsive cleaning problem. Then again, I won't bother again now until the end of the footie season!! Aargh only 3 games left.. Still need to decide if Blackpool is a goer - it's pre my residential course so I should perhaps bow to duty... ?! Anyway after my walk and some food I will be returning to complete my wanderings review and also fill in some of the hazy gaps of the weekend! Til then keep smiling everyone!

No comments: