Thursday, February 16, 2006

Pay Day!

Well its a good way to break up the week!

Finished both my books so am now onto another Booker Prize Winner... Alan Hollinghurst 'The Line of Beauty'. So far I am gripped - 60 pages in and I only started today!

'All Families are Psychotic' ended as anticipated, a real joy of a read. Meanwhile 'Oscar and Lucinda' - well it was not the ending I have expected. Felt a bit deflated by the final chapters to be honest - maybe thats why i put off reading the end of it. Who knows.

Been thinking a lot this week about people - dark and light and the invisible line... People being in the light and those in the dark. And my key curiosity - me one side of the line (single) and people I see on the tube wearing wedding rings and expressions that somehow seem different to mine. I can't put my finger on what exactly it is these thoughts are driving at but its a recurrring theme at the moment - so be assured it will become clear at some point.

Other news - Saturday I went to watch GIllingham FC for the first time in over a month. South Eastern Trains had engineering works so the trip was made more interesting by a bus ride... I say interesting cos on the journey down a son in law and father in law were sat behind me having a good chat. I was able to provide certain footballing facts to help their conversation flow! I hate people not knowing! But the journey back was painful - bus to Strood and then a 'fast' train to London. The trip was worsened by a tension headache and the realisation I had just witnessed an ill tempered and uninspiring 90 minutes of torture, sorry I mean football! GIllingham 1 - Tranmere 1. The ref did not help. Last night our run of wins came to a halt with Swindon 1 - Gillingham 0 and for some reason Byfield being sent off... Anyway in a vain attempt to recreate the tops atmosphere of Huddersfield I am off to Donny with Pops at the weekend - for report look here next week!

Talking of Pops it was his birthday this week - and I was once more grateful for being able to sned him a cheeky card and talk to him post his birthday breakfast - especially as I feel all my friends are coping with less pleasant scenarios as far as their dads are concerned at the moment. Makes me want to shake my dad at times - tell him to make the most of his good health and mobility... sure Mum will have similar words. And for my friends - am thinking of you and wondering how i will cope when its my turn.

Gig news - Gary Numan and The Cure are looking strong favourites to go see on top of tickets already in hand for PLACEBO - new album out in March!! Oh and I must check out tickets for Chicago... the one stage show I still want to go see..

Right okay - until probably post Donny - UP THE GILLS!

Take care all...

[BTW the someone i kinda liked is on MSN at the moment - but am I making a move to say hello - am I ever.. that escapade has dulled my need to get involved with unknown 'people' for a wee while. Lucky for me I have such tops mates.... ]

1 comment:

Oberon said...

.......in the time it takes for you to read this.......i have had brief control of your mind.