Saturday, February 11, 2006

Friday nights...

are not what they were.

They used to be down the pub after work and then stumble home via the local for one last drink. Now it consists of a walk to Waterloo - travel home, go to Tesco for milk. Home, bowl of cereal and TV. It's now 11pm the TV is drivel and I'm off to bed. Well sort of!

The excitement of going to see the Gills tomorrow is too much to bear! At least we have some good news - the vote for a player campaign is going really well - we're 5th in the table - we need the cash!! SO VOTE NOW!! Pity the trains have engineering works tomorrow and it will take 2 hours to get there and probably longer to get back. At least it means I avoid the rugby - sorry rugby lovers but I just don't get it!! Honestly Union is soooo stop start, give me rugby league any day, esp. Brian Carney!

The invite for my brother's wedding arrived this week - as did a form from Leicester Uni requesting cash. I picked up my passport renewal forms too - they need specific types of photos so they can digitally enhance it - Big Brother?

Reading my latest Douglas Coupland book from my collection at the minute - left him a lone for a while to read other authors but am now on the home strait with 'All Families are Psychotic' - a whiplash of a read. But I have enjoyed the diversion in the mornings. I will return to 'Oscar and Lucinda' and finish the last 10 pages of it over the weekend - the glass church has arrived, what will be the result?!

In other art and culture related news I went to see 'Walk the Line' on Tuesday. Never knew anything about Johnny Cash until then. In truth my interest was more involved in how June Carter impacted upon his life. There were lines I recognised from my previous experiences. The music made my toes tap and there were tears as well as smiles. Having passed by Folsom Prison and sat by the lake I could identify with the American aspects. Just inwardly rewarded that I was able to treat a friend to see it and for both of us to gain something from the feature - as much about the screen lives as some mutual recognition of our own.

Right I am off now to finish 'All Families...' it's a belter! ttfn

(Almost forgot - wanted to note that this has been one of the more productive working weeks in a while - I was even in work EARLY today.. as were a lot of the team. A definite buzz around the room again. Hope it lasts. In general I certainly feel much more secure than I have for a while.)

UTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blue is the Colour!

The Last Waltz.

No comments: