Monday, May 18, 2009

So... what's new?

What's New?

I appear to have put on a few lbs. Not alarmingly so as my clothes seem fine. But there is a defo expansion somewhere. Nothing a few days walking and excess veg eating cannot cure.

So I last wrote a real entry - when? Ah 31st March 2009

I had been having odd dreams. Those have continued. About people I know; knew and about those I do not. Recent examples include after the Placebo gig Brian M kissing me and telling me his gigs needed more stylish girls like me at his gigs. Ha ha. Dreams huh. That night I also dreamt about my dad in less than well circumstances. I had to wake myself up.
I can reveal though that said man Konrad from the 31st dream has rather brilliantly got in touch via Facebook. He is now in NZ and a lifetime away. And yet not.

So what have you missed?

So April. Ah yes April. After a good fortnight on leave I returned to work to the chaos and the malaise. Its fair to say it took me a good while to get back into the swing of work. I felt un-required and frankly wondered what my role was. This though did not last as cubes and people started to take greater attention once more. The of course First Man went on holiday. In fact most of IT went on holiday in April so for much of the month I was in charge of half a team. It did mean I could get on.

28th March I went to Brentford. What the photo fails to tell you is that the weather at half time was AWFUL!! Hail and the like. The cheer leaders carried on as did the youth penalty taking. I sat next to two very annoying children and then unable to control them father. Pity as I had had a totally different experience on the train from Clapham Jct to Brentford. A father and son more than happy to chat with me. They even followed me to the ground. Why do I feel as if I have already shared this. Ah re-read 31st and I have. Apologies. Age. It's limiting. Result for those interested 1-1.


The F1 season then began. Sunday mornings - half asleep Grand Prix - Jenson winning in Melbourne. Yeehah!

I missed the Actor's play but did catch up with many old faces from The Nelson. 3rd April in the Princess Royal. Good to see Karen/Paul/Maria and Taff/Pablo. Even had a decent convo with Craig.

4th April. Felt so utterly full of despair and loathing decide not to go to Gillingham. They lose 0-2 to Barnet. Spend most of day in bed.

Malaysian Grand Prix. Rain. Jenson still winner. Half a race mind you! This was also the Sunday I had another on my break downs. I was happy to cook a banana cake but my efforts at cooking onion soup drove me sobbing to the sofa and the realisation I had no-one to call and talk too. Very down and out.

Swimming continues each Monday that is not a Bank Holiday. 40 lengths the standard.

7th April Diagnosis S.. yes the landlord sent someone round to check my sink/work top. It was agreed the tap was leaking the work surface rotten from the damp and it all needed changing.

Later that evening 6 pints with First Man and finally some discussion about the behaviour 2/3rd April. Realisation that the big D isn't going to be plain sailing. Not a good situation for anyone. Resolved to plough on doing my job to best of ability. First Man then on leave until last week of April so am able to do so.
Easter.
Mmm. Good Friday. The Tup. Not a great day. Sparky on slide.

Easter Saturday invest in an all singing all dancing new stereo which allows me to record cassettes to MP3 - all hail Bananarama 'True Confessions'; Neneh Cherry 'Raw Like Sushi'; The Beloved 'Happy'; THEN JERICO 'BIG AREA'. I never had it so good! Does mean I really need to get to Weir Road and recycle certain items.

Easter Sunday. I guess I went for a walk. Listened to Archers. Or something.

Easter Monday. Gillingham for Gills vs the Daggers. Result 2-1 - great atmosphere! Home eventually after spending 6 of my 8 hours on public rail replacement buses and other varied transports I arrive back at CW gasping. Go to Tup. Get beer. Sparky and Dog already there and Adie turns up after I buy a second round cos I need a drink and have the next day off. Adie starts talking about this geezer Mark Shaw wants to do some local gigs. He lives in Tooting so meets Mark quite frequently. Apparently is often seen being given blow jobs outside one of the local pubs up there. Mark S not Aide. Anyway news of my long lost hero excites me. Even if his outside sporting tastes don't altogether have the same effect. I imagine him to be not quite the dream boat he once was... So watch this space for news of me perhaps finally meeting hero. Anyway too much laughter create derision. Sparky storms off to the chip shop and I am left watching as he gets in his car and I am basically ignored and walked away from. I say and do nothing. Mentally my two fingers are raised and the prospect of an evening in peace is preferred.


Tues 14th April. Day Off. Rains. I get a laminated card from Oz. A requiem to Sparky's mum. I take it as a sign not to give up just yet and call him. I cook chops in the evening and try to get him to talk to me. Blood. Stones.


15th April. Payday. Work and half day - Museum of London (being refurb-ed so wait until next year for the full experience.) 6pm a rather sumptuous dinner at the Oxo Tower restaurant with a known admirer. Scallops were amazing. Also turns out to be the day my sink top is replaced. Not yet the rest of the kitchen... Jackie and his mate are on top form when I stagger in through the door at 9pm.



Rest of week passes. Chesterfield 0-1 Gillingham. Chinese Grand Prix on 19th.

Wed 22nd April walk home for the first time this year. My knee holds up and it feels good to have managed it in around 2 hours as per normal.

Thurs 23rd - Wetherspoons with Sparky; Swansea Jack and Paul M. Not bad. Paul and I were making most of Real Ale Festival. Yum yum!

Fri 24th April - Dress Down Friday. Sun shining. Busy. The Tup. And erm proof that life can be stranger than fiction but also a total joy. I had a few beers met a few people and watched as van loads of cops turned up. I then rang my family in Oz and started to unravel the holiday that was in progress. Mmm.


Sat 25th April- Gillingham 0-0 Bury we played well deserved the result in the 2nd half. Not to be sadly. MAny HAppy Returns known admirer and Gary O'Reilly really made an effort on Fighting Talk!


Sun 26th April - Bahrain Grand Prix - Jenson does it again. Hooray!

Tue 28th April - I get to spend the afternoon with Camilla and baby Benedict. It was ace - a real tonic.

Wed 29th April - Dan's leaving drinks at the Distillers.

Thu 30th April - Dan's last day I give the leaving speech to wish him well. I thought it was quite good!

Fri 1st May - Ma and Pa return home from Australia.

Sat 2nd May - I drag Pops up to Rochdale for the Gills' last league game of the season!!
And the month May begins with Play Offs and Placebo. Marvellous.

No comments: